Today’s organizations work hard to stay current with the latest upgrades to technology and equipment, assuring that their employees have the resources they need to be successful. The missing piece is often that many leaders and their companies continue to operate their most precious “assets” – their employees – using badly dated thinking, outmoded concepts and really old-school beliefs. As the data from neuroscience continues to mount, why is this crucial evidence-based information still being so widely overlooked?
Many of the most provocative developments in understanding the way the brain works have direct application to today’s workplace, changing the way we manage, communicate and create. This presentation will highlight six key ideas from the growing body of neuroscience that have direct implications for the way we work and manage. Participants will gain a new perspective on why today’s companies need to rethink motivation, manage personal and cultural stress, understand emotions in the workplace, cultivate creativity, learn mindfulness, and foster true collaboration.
Denise VanEck is the owner and founder of Thought Design, LLC, a brain-based performance development and learning center. Denise is an expert in the area of performance and leadership development, bringing a unique approach through the incorporation of current brain research.
Denise is author of Leadership 101 (Zondervan) and numerous articles (Leadership Journal, Immerse, et. al). Her professional experience includes a role as Chief Learning Officer in the financial services industry, and over two decades of executive leadership, consulting, training and coaching work.
Memberships and Certifications:
• Certifications: Bar-On Emotional Intelligence Assessment, Tilt365 Leadership Assessment, Enneagram Train-the-Trainer (Loyola University), Integrity Selling, LifePlanning ™ process, Tom Paterson StratOp process, E-Learning Instructional Design (USC Irvine), DiSC
• PCC (pending) with International Coaching Federation
• NeuroLeadership Institute certified coach
• Board service: Pregnancy Resource Center, Habitat for Humanity, Kent District Library System, City of Grand Rapids Advisory Board
• Member American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) since 2001 and NeuroLeadership Institute
More Information http://thought-design.com/